the Image Refinery at work
Our partnership with the British Travel Awards has evolved to the point where today we author, administer and manage all their online activity via email@example.com.
We act in a consultancy capacity during the planning stages of the awards programme: submitting ideas to increase their audience reach, and determine the cost/benefit and resource requirements to
action their overall strategy.
Throughout the year
- Host and maintain the British Travel Awards trade contact list.
- Host and maintain the British Travel Awards consumer list of over 220,000 subscribed past voters.
- Engage with @BritTravAwards followers tweeting regular updates on British Travel Awards activity.
- Author and manage posts on the British Travel Awards News Zone. microsite.
- Maintain @BTAConnect Twitter and YouTube accounts - used to harvest content for BTA Connect.
- Assemble content and publish BTA Connect online. The British Travel Awards weekly consumer facing round-up of holiday news
from past winners, current competing companies and leisure travel magazines.
January - March
- Participate in marketing strategy meetings and implement the systems necessary to carry the plan forward.
- Produce printed marketing collateral to support sponsorship sales activity.
- Create “Vote for Us” and associated logos to assist competing companies promote their involvement in the British Travel Awards to their customers
- Copy write and update the British Travel Awards website content to address a travel trade audience during the registration cycle - when companies apply for category listing on the consumer voting
form during April and May.
April - May
- Copy write, design and distribute weekly e-newsletters to their trade contact list.
- Receive online category registration applications, update the consumer voting form database, generate sales invoices and email to applicants.
- Re-purpose the British Travel Awards website for June – the month between registration closing and the commencement of consumer voting.
- Copy write and update the British Travel Awards content to address a consumer audience during the online voting cycle and provide the travel trade with an interactive Gala Awards Night booking
- Beta test the consumer voting form data management program and submit to Deloitte - independent adjudicators of the awards programme - for approval.
July - September
- Design and produce artwork for advertisement inserts in Trinity Mirror PLC’s five national and 13 regional titles.
- Schedule advertisement campaign and liaise inserts with newspaper title’s production departments.
- Copy write and design e-newsletters to promote consumer voting and distribute to over 220,000 subscribed past voters.
- Design and prepare content for digital advertisements on London Underground network.
- Create award category winner status logos in a range of file formats for online and in-print applications.
- Monitor voting progress and post interim feedback on their News Zone microsite.
- Re-purpose the British Travel Awards website from October until midnight on the Gala Awards night in November - the period between voting closing and announcement of the winners.
October - November
- Analyse voting results and submit to Deloitte for scrutiny.
- Analyse TravelVision survey returns and prepare data for publication.
- Copy write, design and create artwork for 72-128 page Gala Awards Night programme. Liaise with advertisement sales company, provide pagination and manage print production.
- Copy write and update the British Travel Awards website with post awards content - announcing the winners and a review of the current year’s awards programme.
- Design, create artwork and produce sundry promotional “goodie bag” and table items for guests at the Gala Awards Night.
- Design and assemble a range of Gala Awards Night on-screen presentations.
- Design, create artwork and produce large format graphics for the Gala Awards Night.