the Image Refinery artworkers
Much of the source material charting the bank's early years had suffered from the rigours of time. After scanning the original documents and photographs we:
- Repaired and retouched the scanned images to restore them to a facsimile of their original appearance.
- Interpolated the images and enhanced them for reproduction as large format graphics.
- Created panel designs, layouts and produced finished .artowrk
the Image Refinery production
- Graphics were printed directing onto 3mm foamex and finished with a matt laminate
- One element required a free-standing, life size cut out of a marathon runner whose upper arm butted onto his lower arm, printed on the associated background board. This was created by laser
cutting his image profile out of 3mm aluminium sheet and laminating the subject onto the shape.
- Descretely fitted the graphic panels and installed the artifacts within the museum space during the bank's opening hours and overnight, without any disruption to their visitor area.